Ensembles | Precollege
In the Spring 2021 String Sinfonietta Experience, students will work with YOP conductors to learn repertoire appropriate for their level, some of which will allow them to join virtual performances with YCO, Camerata, and Wind Ensemble. During weekly meetings, students will discuss the fundamentals of music and relate them to their music. Students will also take part in virtual sectionals with Richmond Symphony musicians to help them prepare to record their parts for virtual performances to take place at the end of the semester. All students will have access to music education software within MusicFirst, our learning management system, and will be able to enroll in select collaborative and exploratory elective classes as a discounted price to fill out their YOP experience.
Virtual performances and showcases will celebrate our achievements at the end of the semester. All YOP students are given the opportunity to attend our free Music Exploration Series, a lecture series that features conversations on a variety of topics by professionals in the music field.
- Monk’s Music
- Treesa Ruins Classical Music: Spring B
- Intro to Music Theory for Adults
- Pre-College Music Theory: Theory 1
- Pre-College Music Theory: Harmony 1
- Understanding Black Classical Music
- Masterpiece Collective – A YCO & Camerata Experience: The Full Orchestra for Strings
- Masterpiece Collective – A YCO & Wind Ensemble Experience: The Full Orchestra for Woodwind, Brass, & Percussion
- Masterpiece Collective – A RSYO Experience
- Masterpiece Collective – A String Sinfonietta Experience
- For Your Ears Only
Melissa Jones is delighted to direct the Sinfonietta String Ensemble with the Richmond Symphony School of Music and its Youth Orchestra …
Read More >>