Ensembles | Precollege
In the Spring 2021 RSYO Experience, students will explore and prepare excerpts and selections from a wide range of repertoire. Students will also work in tandem with Richmond Symphony musicians through sectional coachings. As a RSYO student participating in this class, you will also be eligible to enroll in our Chamber Music program. All students will have access to music education software within MusicFirst, our learning management system, and will be able to enroll in select collaborative and exploratory elective classes as a discounted price to fill out their YOP experience.
Virtual performances and showcases will celebrate our achievements at the end of the semester. Students may also enter our solo competition, where the winner will be featured on our YouTube channel! All YOP students are given the opportunity to attend our free Music Exploration Series, a lecture series that features conversations on a variety of topics by professionals in the music field.
- Monk’s Music
- Treesa Ruins Classical Music: Spring B
- Intro to Music Theory for Adults
- Pre-College Music Theory: Theory 1
- Pre-College Music Theory: Harmony 1
- Understanding Black Classical Music
- Masterpiece Collective – A YCO & Camerata Experience: The Full Orchestra for Strings
- Masterpiece Collective – A YCO & Wind Ensemble Experience: The Full Orchestra for Woodwind, Brass, & Percussion
- Masterpiece Collective – A RSYO Experience
- Masterpiece Collective – A String Sinfonietta Experience
- For Your Ears Only
Professor Daniel Myssyk is the Assistant Conductor of the Richmond Symphony and Director of the Richmond Symphony Youth Orchestra. He ha…
Read More >>