Music Listening | Adult
Listening to a live concert is an experience that can be as personal as it is communal. In this 4-class interactive course, you will be given a set of skills that will help you get more out of any concert situation. Think of it like adding various filters to enhance certain aspects of the music. RSO violinists Adrian Pintea and Ellen Cockerham Riccio will guide participants through the process of listening and draw them out on their reactions and impressions.
No assignments will be given outside of class time, but suggested listening lists will be provided for those who would like to strengthen their new skills. All you’ll need is a blank notebook and a good pair of headphones, if you have them!
**Class is offered as a package only (no individual classes may be sold.)
Class will meet on the following Tuesdays at 7pm:
Space is limited. Register today!
- Monk’s Music
- Treesa Ruins Classical Music: Spring B
- Intro to Music Theory for Adults
- Pre-College Music Theory: Theory 1
- Pre-College Music Theory: Harmony 1
- Understanding Black Classical Music
- Masterpiece Collective – A YCO & Camerata Experience: The Full Orchestra for Strings
- Masterpiece Collective – A YCO & Wind Ensemble Experience: The Full Orchestra for Woodwind, Brass, & Percussion
- Masterpiece Collective – A RSYO Experience
- Masterpiece Collective – A String Sinfonietta Experience
- For Your Ears Only
Ellen Cockerham Riccio
Ellen Cockerham Riccio has served as Principal Second Violin of the Richmond Symphony since 2009. Previously, she served as Principal Se…
Read More >>
Romanian violinist Constantin Adrian Pintea has performed throughout Europe and the United States as a soloist and chamber music player.…
Read More >>